Steve Morris Law is your Alabama workers’ compensation attorney, representing injured workers throughout the state. If you’re an injured worker in Alabama, your justice is our priority.
Call 256-357-9211 to begin your case today.
Lawyer for Alabama Workers’ Compensation Claims
Getting the benefits that you deserve should be easy. After all, the system exists to help injured workers. Unfortunately, too often, employers deny benefits or pay the incorrect amount. There may be delays or errors that prevent the injured worker from receiving the medical care they need to recover and get back to work.
Attorney Steve Morris knows how difficult it can be for injured workers to enforce their rights. He is an experienced legal advocate. Steve Morris Law provides exacting and capable legal representation for injured workers throughout Alabama.
Whether you are first beginning a claim, or you have encountered a problem in the workers’ compensation process, we invite you to talk to a lawyer about your situation. Call our offices or message us for a free consultation.
Do I Need a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
Below are some reasons why you may need a workers’ compensation lawyer:
- An employer is refusing to file a workers’ compensation claim.
- They’re saying your injury is not work-related or not covered for another reason.
- Benefits have been denied because your employer says that you’re an independent contractor.
- Your average weekly wage has been calculated incorrectly, or you’re not sure if it has been calculated correctly.
- Benefits have terminated unfairly.
- The chosen care provider isn’t providing the needed medical treatment.
- Mileage hasn’t been reimbursed for doctor visits.
- There is a dispute about light duty.
- Family did not receive death benefits required by law.
- Permanent partial disability (PPD) benefits have been denied or determined improperly based on the permanent impairment rating.
- You don’t know what you need to do to receive benefits, or what to do once you receive benefits.
- Other reasons – we handle a wide range of claims.
Anyone who is hurt at work may benefit from having a workers’ compensation lawyer represent them. A workplace injury is often life-changing. The benefits that you receive are critical to your physical and financial health. Having a workers’ compensation lawyer ensures that you identify and address the things that are important to receive justice in your case.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Alabama
Workers’ compensation in Alabama is meant to provide fast benefits when you’re hurt in the course of your employment. You may have the right to:
Provided at no cost to you, from your employer’s chosen care provider.
Temporary total disability (TTD)
If you can’t work because of your injuries, you may receive 2/3 of your average weekly wages.
There are statutory maximums for the amount you may receive per week, but there is no limit to the number of weeks you may receive benefits.
Permanent total disability (PTD)
If your injuries completely prevent you from working, you may receive replacement wages, with no limit to the number of weeks paid.
Temporary partial disability (TPD)
When your injuries prevent you from earning what you made before, replacement wages can cover some of the difference. There is a 300-week maximum.
Permanent partial disability (PPD)
An employee who suffers permanent partial disability deserves compensation for their loss.
They may receive financial compensation based on an impairment rating and the nature of the disability.
Attorney Representing Injured Workers in Compensation Claims
When you’re hurt on the job, you deserve all applicable benefits. Every injured worker deserves justice. Our Alabama workers’ compensation law firm looks at all aspects of your situation to ensure that your benefits are complete.
Do I have to go to court for a workers’ compensation claim?
You should be able to access workers’ compensation benefits by notifying your employer of your injury and making an application to the employer for benefits. However, if your employer doesn’t provide your benefits, it may be necessary to file a claim in court.
If you’re not receiving the workers’ compensation that you deserve, you have the right to file a claim in court. Steve Morris Law may represent you.
A lawyer can assist you at any stage in the case. It’s important to have an attorney involved as early as possible. Our law firm can represent you whether you are first filing for benefits or you need assistance with a particular issue in your case.
Experienced Representation, Justice for Workers
At Steve Morris Law, your justice is our priority. Here are the things we do to help our clients who are injured on the job:
- Following all steps to report the injury and claim benefits
- Evaluating the case to determine if all types of benefits have been paid
- Calculating benefits independently to verify the correct amounts
- Addressing your medical benefits and challenging unfair denials
- Guiding you through the process so that you know what to do and what to expect
- Taking care of the legal process, filing legal documents to pursue your case
- Representing you at court proceedings
- Gathering and providing the evidence necessary to pursue your case
- Tailoring our representation to your situation
Each workers’ compensation claim has unique issues and questions. With our thorough knowledge of the law and experience in Alabama courts, we know how to analyze a case to identify what’s important. We customize a plan based on the circumstances of your case. We’re your advocate for justice for any wrongdoing that you’ve encountered. We put our knowledge and determination to work to secure your benefits.
Workers’ Compensation Case FAQs
What should I expect when I work with a lawyer?
We do what’s best for each client, and we want to help you exercise your rights effectively. By building the evidence, advocating on your behalf and tailoring our representation, we’re able to resolve many cases without contested court proceedings. Ask us for a consultation that is specific to your situation to learn more about what to expect in your case.
Can you help me if I have a medical dispute in my workers’ compensation case?
Yes. We can gather evidence regarding your medical benefits. We can pursue medical dispute resolution or a court claim on your behalf, as necessary.
Does my employer have workers’ compensation?
Any business with five or more employees must have workers’ compensation in Alabama.
Can an employer charge an employee for workers’ compensation?
No. There are no co-pays or charges to access medical benefits, wage payments or disability pay. Workers’ compensation is not something you need to sign up for in advance, and there are no premiums.
Serving Injured Workers and Families
We represent injured workers in claims for benefits. We also represent families when a death has occurred. If you have lost a loved one, we are truly sorry. Let us be your advocate as we protect your rights and seek justice for your family.
Offering Free Consultations With an Attorney
If you have been hurt at work, we invite you to talk to Steve Morris Law. See how an Alabama workers’ compensation attorney can assist you. We can represent you right away.