Steve Morris Law is an Alabama motorcycle accident lawyer representing clients throughout the state. We help injured victims get compensated. Call 256-357-9211 or message us to begin your case.
Attorney Representing Motorcycle Accident Victims in Alabama
You need a lawyer when you’re facing a serious challenge. When you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, you may have important questions, like:
- Can I receive monetary compensation?
- How do I receive compensation?
- What is my case worth?
- Can a lawyer represent me?
- Where do I begin?
Steve Morris is an experienced lawyer representing motorcycle accident victims in Alabama. We represent clients throughout the state, seeking justice and compensation for victims.
You have a limited time to seek compensation. Steve Morris Law provides exacting and dedicated legal representation for motorcycle accident victims.
To see how we can help you, and to start your case today, call our firm.
Alabama Motorcycle Traffic and Accident Laws
When you’re a motorcyclist, you have important rights. Here are rules of the road in Alabama and rights that are important to motorcyclists:
- You have the right to use the roads. Other drivers must honor the rights of motorcyclists and exercise care.
- Motorcyclists have the right to use an entire lane. Even in busy traffic, you have the right to have an entire lane to yourself.
- If you choose, you can share a lane with another motorcyclist. To share a lane, you must be able to do so safely.
- Lane splitting is not allowed. It is the practice of a motorcyclist weaving in and out of traffic.
- A motorcyclist harmed in a collision may have the right to claim damages. There is no reduction in damages or differential treatment because the victim is a motorcyclist.
- A negligence standard applies to motorcycle accident claims. A standard of reasonable cause and caution is used to evaluate fault and determine the right to compensation.
Fault for a Motorcycle Accident
Examples of fault for a motorcycle accident include:
- Changing lanes when a motorcyclist is already occupying the lane
- Turning in front of a motorcyclist at an intersection
- Crossing the center line when there is oncoming traffic
- Aggressive driving, road rage
- Opening a car door or placing another obstruction in the motorcyclist’s path
- Not allowing the motorcyclist full use of a lane
- Improper backing, backing up without a clear path
- Tailgating, following too closely, speeding
- Misjudging traffic, unsafe speeds and dangerous vehicle maneuvering
Do I have a valid motorcycle accident claim?
If someone else is at fault for a motorcycle accident because of negligence, recklessness or intentional acts, you may deserve monetary damages.
You have the right to compensation when someone else is at fault for an accident. If someone violates a traffic law, that’s strong proof of fault. However, a person can act negligently without violating a traffic law. They may or may not receive a citation from law enforcement.
Our law firm investigates and explores all opportunities for you to claim compensation for your injuries and harm.
Why bring a motorcycle accident claim?
When you bring a motorcycle accident claim, you’re asking for a monetary payment that reflects your damages. You may ask for the costs of medical care, rehabilitation, nursing care and prescriptions. You may seek compensation for lost work and damage to your motorcycle and riding gear.
A motorcycle accident causes more than financial harm. Victims suffer physical pain, mental injury and emotional anguish. A claim may recognize and value these personal losses.
You may not know how to file a claim with an insurance company. The insurance company may offer you too little. Maybe they have denied your claim. You need motorcycle accident lawyer Steve Morris and the team at Steve Morris Law in Alabama. We seek justice and the payment you deserve under the law.
What kind of case is a motorcycle accident claim?
A motorcycle accident claim is a civil legal claim. It is an injury claim that seeks to have the party responsible for causing the accident pay the victim for the harm that resulted. The defendant must answer for their actions and provide information about what occurred.
As the victim, you initiate your own motorcycle accident claim. You file the documents to start the case, naming the party responsible for what happened. A case starts with an investigation to determine what occurred and how to proceed. You may choose to have an attorney represent you in your claim.
Will my case go to court?
We’re prepared to litigate for you in any Alabama courtroom. Each case proceeds with a customized case plan which may include a non-trial settlement, if appropriate.
What court hears motorcycle accident claims in AL?
A motorcycle accident claim in Alabama may be heard in a District Court or Circuit Court. District Courts hear disputes valued at up to $20,000. Circuit Courts hear cases seeking more than $20,000.
Steve Morris Law represents clients throughout Alabama. We determine the appropriate court with jurisdiction to hear your case.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics – Alabama, 2020
- 1,556 motorcycles were involved in collisions in Alabama (including mopeds).
- 72 traffic fatalities resulted from collisions involving motorcycles
- The 72 motorcycle collision fatalities in 2020 were a decline from the 90 fatalities that occurred in 2019.
- The most motorcycle collision fatalities in Alabama in a single year occurred in 2016, with a total of 114 fatalities.
- Collisions involving motorcyclists span all age groups. The most collisions of any five-year age group was 221 collisions for ages 25-29.
- The most fatalities for any age group is the age 40-44 age group, with 12 fatalities occurring in 2020.
- Alcohol is a factor in 43% of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Choose Experience, Choose Dedication
When you’re hurt in a motorcycle accident, you need a lawyer who will pursue your case in full.
Steve Morris has more than 20 years of experience serving people throughout Alabama. He knows the issues that are important to motorcyclists. He has seen the things that stand in the way of motorcycle accident victims getting justice.
At Steve Morris Law, your justice is our top priority. We’re your advocate when you need someone to answer for any wrongdoing — including when someone is at fault for causing an accident. We have in-depth knowledge of the laws and procedures that are important in a motorcycle accident claim.
When you need an experienced and professional injury attorney, you can count on Steve Morris Law to pursue your interests.
Representing injured victims and families
We handle claims representing injured victims. We can also represent you if you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident.
Taking New Cases – Hire an Alabama Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Alabama motorcycle accident lawyer Steve Morris is currently taking new cases. When you hire us, we start working on your case right away. Our law firm respects motorcyclists, and we fight for the rights of victims.