Why you would need to hire a Product Liability Lawyer near Anniston Al
Thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people get injured every year due to defective or dangerous products. If a defective product has caused injury to either you or a loved one, then it is vital that you consider hiring the services of an Alabama product liability attorney.
Time is important so contacting an experienced attorney such as Steven R Morris Attorney at Law as soon as you feel you have a claim is critical.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability is where a seller or manufacturer is held responsible for placing defective products into the market and in the hands of consumers. Imagine a loved one or even yourself suffering serious personal injury due to a something you bought. In such an instance, the manufacturer will be held responsible for the damages caused and will be required to compensate you.
Here are some scenarios where product liability applies in Alabama:
- You are using a hair dryer to dry your hair when suddenly you receive a shock. You try letting go of your dryer, but it is stuck to your hand – you get electrocuted and end up in hospital.
- You purchase some playing blocks for your child, but after a few weeks, he or she isn’t acting normal. You take her to the hospital for checkup and after some tests, you learn that s/he is suffering from lead poisoning. Investigations reveal that the paint used on the blocks contains lead.
- You buy a new bike, and as you are enjoying a ride, you approach a sharp turn that requires you to brake. You step on the brakes, but the bike fails to slow as it should, and you wind up veering off the road. Luckily, since you are wearing a helmet, it saves you from severe brain injury or death, but you end up spending a small fortune receiving treatment for your injuries.
Here are the 3 primary types of product liability:
- Design defects: this is where the design or engineering of a product is defective, which results in it being a hazard or danger to the life of the user. Such instances are most common in industrial machinery and equipment but sometimes appears in vehicles, toys and various products.
- Manufacturing defects: this is when there are defects in the manufacturing of a product resulting in it being dangerous or harmful. In such cases, the design is not flawed, the way it was assembled is. Such defect cases will vary but normally occur when safety features do not work as they were intended.
- Warning defect: this when the dangers a product poses aren’t made obvious on the product’s packaging. Warnings must be well labeled on the product to alert users of the potential risks the product poses while being used.
Steve Morris is a Product Liability Attorney and he can help
An experienced product liability attorney in Alabama such as Steven R. Morris is a trained professional whose services can help ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled in the event you get injured by a product. Our firm has knowledge of the product liability laws in Alabama that dictate how suppliers, retailers, distributors, and manufacturers should be handled in the event their products cause any damages or even death.
Product liability cases can be tricky, especially if you, the user, were aware that a product was defective and continued using it anyway. That is something that manufacturers will likely investigate. Furthermore, most manufacturers will have their own legal team to ensure your case does not reach a jury trial. In this situation, the manufacturer spends the least amount of money by settling the case out of court.
If, for whatever reason, a product you were using harms you physically, the most advisable thing to do is to find a product liability attorney to represent you in a court of law. You are in the right place now and should contact our offices immediately. Our experience legal team will help ensure that you have the best chance at receiving compensation for the damages caused by a defective product. We understand the laws that govern large manufacturers and how to use them to protect the rights of consumers near Anniston Al and throughout the entire state of Alabama.
Contact our office today at: 256-357-9211 or fill out the Free Consultation form on this page to get started. Your initial consultation will be Free of charge and if we decide to take your case, we will also cover the expenses during the case, being reimbursed at time of settlement.
Don’t forget, if you have issues being able to travel due to your injuries, we will come to you at your home or in the hospital.